Noodleless Chicken Soup

I used the recipe from our Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie to create this awesome soup. Using slow cookers is the way to go when you have a busy schedule. I LOVE slow cookers!!

Noodleless Slow Cooker Chicken Soup

1 small onion, diced (we had about 1/2 cup diced)
1 lb. frozen chicken tenders (I used about 9 frozen chicken tenders from Costco)
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
2 stalks of celery, diced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne (Steven and I love the "kick" this gives, but if you avoid spice you may prefer to omit)
2 c. chicken broth (we do Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock from Costco)

Layer the frozen veggies in the bottom of a large crockpot or slow cooker. Then layer the frozen chicken tenders and diced celery and onion so each piece of chicken has some celery and onion on top. Gently pour in chicken broth. I have found the perfect timing for my frozen chicken tenders to be 2 hours on High and then 2 hours on Low. Shred chicken with a fork and serve. Excellent soup for a cold, rainy day!